April weather sucks. It’s a tease of what’s to come in the coming months of spring with the occasional nice day, but more often than not it lets us know we’re not quite there yet by giving us a rainy day. With yet another rainy day today here’s my list of the ten best things to do on a rainy day. Binge watch on Netflix – Rainy days are the PERFECT excuse to stay in bed all day and binge watch your favorite show or get hooked on a new one. Order a large pizza and a two-liter of orange soda and you’re basically living the dream.
- Take a Nap – Is there anything more relaxing than taking a nap to the sound of raindrops on a window? The perfect soothing sound to nod in and out of the show your watching.
Try making a new recipe – How many times have you been scrolling through your timeline, seen a delicious recipe and thought how amazing it would be to make that? Well, put your damn phone down and make it! Brownie & Cookie Dough Cake? Yes, please!
- Work out – Doing a complete 180 here with this one but if you get enough energy after three naps and nine episodes of Stranger Things to get out of bed then it’s a prime opportunity to get a great work out in. Knowing that there’s not much else to do you may be able to get yourself to stay a little longer.
- Retail therapy – The rain can make you stir crazy and depressed, especially if it’s one of your days off from work. Get over it by treating yourself to a new wardrobe or pair of kicks.
- Plan a trip – Let’s be honest. Whenever it rains you probably ask yourself “Why do I live here?” Well, while you probably don’t want to uproot your whole life because of a little precipitation planning a trip somewhere is a solid consolation.
Go to a brewery/distillery – Round up some friends and hit a local brewery/distillery. There are plenty of options to choose from in and around the city. You probably don’t need an excuse to drink but if you do blame it on the rain.
- Buy concert tickets – If your budget won’t allow you to plan a trip how about looking up some upcoming shows. Who doesn’t instantly feel great about purchasing some great concert tickets?!
- Game night – Get your roommates to partake in a game night. It’s probably been a while since you broke out the Monopoly board and battled it out for Boardwalk and Park Place. Throw in some drinking rules like every time you roll doubles you have to take a shot for even more fun!
- Bowling – Bowling is such an underrated activity! It’s fun, healthy competition that just about everyone is average at. There’s usually a lot of beer involved. And just about every bowling alley has a sweet arcade so it’s a 2 for 1!